Microneedling is a very effective and safe cosmetic technique. However, as with any therapy, it is essential to take extra care of your skin Epn Microneedling before and after the surgery in order to recover quickly and get the greatest results.
Microneedling Pre-Treatment Instructions
Following the proper pre-treatment guidelines ensures that your treatment goes well and that negative effects are minimised.
- Avoid Accutane for six months before starting your treatment sessions.
- 5-7 days before your treatment, avoid using topical treatments that may make your skin more sensitive, such as retinoids, exfoliants, topical antibiotics, or acids.
- Take no anti-inflammatory drugs for at least 3 days before your microneedling treatment, such as ibuprofen, Motrin, or Advil. These will disrupt the normal inflammatory process, which is essential for skin regeneration.
- For at least two weeks before your operation, avoid IPL/Laser procedures, unprotected sun exposure, or sunburn.
- For 5-7 days previous to treatment, no waxing, depilatory products, or electrolysis.
- To avoid skin irritation, do not shave the day before the surgery. If thick hair is present in the treatment region, shave the day before your visit.
- If you are prone to cold sores, use an antiviral medication for two days before and on the day of treatment.
- Avoid blood thinning medications for one week before the procedure since bruising is a typical adverse effect of microneedling.
What To Do On The Day Of The Treatment
Knowing what to expect on the day of your microneedling treatment can help you feel as relaxed and at ease as possible.
- Your skin will also be thoroughly cleansed to remove any lotion, oil, makeup, powder, or sunscreen. You are welcome to wash your face at the office upon your arrival.
- You will be required to notify your skin care professional of any pertinent changes in your medical history as well as the drugs you are currently taking.
- If there are any cosmetic tattoos in the treatment regions, your doctor will inquire.
- Topical lidocaine will be put on your skin 30-45 minutes before your treatment.
- The microneedling treatment is an in-office procedure that can last up to 60 minutes.
What To Do After I Get My Treatment Done?
For the greatest results, as with any cosmetic skin treatment, it is critical to care for your skin after a microneedling operation.
- Take no anti-inflammatory drugs for one week following the operation.
- Avoid applying ice on your face and avoiding arnica/bromelain. These may disrupt the normal inflammatory process, which is essential for skin renewal.
- For at least two weeks, avoid sun tanning and extended exposure to direct sunlight. If you’re going to be outside after 24 hours, always apply sunscreen (30 SPF or greater) and a hat.
- If you have any pain, use a pain reliever like Tylenol.
The Healing Process: What to Expect After a Microneedling Treatment
Microneedling is a non-invasive beauty technique that has few negative effects. However, the following symptoms are fairly normal:
From the first to the third day
A sunburn-like appearance is typical. Your skin may appear tight, dry, or touch-sensitive. Wash the skin carefully with a mild cleanser and cold water, then pat dry with your hands no sooner than 4 hours after treatment. Certain redness may also be present, and patients may have minor bruising that lasts 5-7 days and brief swelling that lasts 2-4 days in some circumstances.
- For up to 48 hours, avoid intense workouts that induce perspiration, as well as jacuzzis, saunas, and steam baths.
- After 24 hours, just use mineral makeup.
- Sleep on your back with your head up to reduce swelling or discomfort as required.
From the second to the seventh day
Peeling may occur 3 to 5 days following therapy. You will experience skin dryness and flaking as a result of accelerated skin cell turnover. DO NOT PICK, SCRUMBLE, OR SCRUMBLE AT THE TREATED SKIN! Important note: You must let the old skin naturally flake off and maintain it hydrated at all times. Discuss which items to use with your skin specialist.
From the fifth to the seventh day
Once your skin is no longer inflamed, you can resume using your normal skin care products. The majority of our patients have reported continuing skin improvement in the months beyond their previous treatment. Follow-up and resume microneedling treatments every 4-6 weeks for maximum results, with a series of 3-5 sessions based on your customized care plan.
Call Right Now
Contact us right now to learn more about Epn Microneedling’s before and after photos!